Featured Post

Since I already have a blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Quotes and stuff. . .

Every now and then in life, you have an experience. Good-bad, GREAT-terrible, dream worthy-nightmarish.

I think I am going through something in my life that's changing. . . For the better? Let's hope. Since I am not a "talker of feelings/emotions/happy things/sad things/things that make you cry/etc", and my favorite thing to do is to hold things in, I like to find quotes. Quotes from the scriptures, from old talks, from books, from TV shows, movies, from ANYTHING!

I've posted a blog before with quotes a like, so I am going to post another blog with quotes that I use to get me through. Whether it be a bad day or a good day, a good quote can never be forgotten.

So here are some quotes that I, especially now, really like. . .


"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens up your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all those defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from from any other stupid person wanders into your stupid life. . . You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so a simple phrase like 'maybe we should just be friends' turns into a glass splinter working it's way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love." by Neil Gaiman


"You will never change your life until you change something you do daily." by Mike Murdock


"Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." by George B. Shaw


"Change hurts. It makes people insecure, confused and angry. People want things to be the same as they've always been, because that makes life easier." by Richard Marcinko


"Maturity is knowing when to be immature."


"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”


"If you can't convince them, confuse them." by Harry S. Truman


"Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious. . ." by Michael Stipe


"I never give them hell. I just give them the truth and they think it's hell." by Harry S. Truman

"This world keeps spinning faster, Into a new disaster, so I run to you. I run to you baby. And when it all starts coming undone, Baby you're the only one I run to,I run to you. We run on fumes, Your life and mine, Like the sands of time Slippin' right on through. And our love's the only truth That's why I run to you" Lady Antebellum


Well yeah! ha! That's about the quotes I have for right now! I mean there are obviously more! But I have to get some sleep, for I am going on an adventure to Utah land to visit my most favorite brother EVER!! And my FAVORITE sister-in-law!!

SO, as for now. . . I'm peacing it up on out of here!

Peace

2 comments:

mce said...

good thoughts

category5takingtheworldbystorm said...

I saw this one in my son's English classroom the other night at back to school night:
"Nobody ever chooses evil, they only mistake it for happiness."
It's very fitting for how Satan tricks us and leads people carefully down to hell.