Featured Post

Since I already have a blog

Monday, April 3, 2023

Since I already have a blog


Why start a new one. 
Hello and welcome to my blog. I use to write here all the time, but then life got busy and I stopped. 

I'm writing this as a way to keep track of our life and to have a back up of pictures. The entire reason I've started this up again is that when I was living in Rexburg with our little family of four, the flash drive I had all my pictures on some how stopped working. They quoted me a large number of money that we couldn't afford, and also couldn't even guarantee that I would get all the pictures on that drive. Didn't seem to be a very good option when there was no promise of outcome. So I lost all of my pictures from 2014-2017ish. Annoying, I know!

Since this is my first blog in a couple of years, I figured I would keep it short and sweet while I learn the updates to this website and other jazz. Meaning no pictures this time, just a message. 

If you are new here, and let's be honest, I kind of am too, let me introduce myself. My name is Meredith. I am 35 years old. I am married to my wonderful husband Tyler and we will be celebrating 12 years of marriage together later this month. We have four children. Ridge, Delaney, Hunter, and Mariah. We have moved so many times that I don't even know how many places we've lived in, Tyler would know though. I just don't want to ask him right now. lol. Anyway, we live at a fish hatchery, where Tyler works. It is so fun and so different from what I imagined my life would look like when I was younger. I homeschool our children and we have built a little homestead here. We have two dogs, one cat, four ducks, and 29 chickens. Plus we are hatching more chicks and raising them to ultimately sell/give to some of our family. I am also a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am an active member and have a calling which pulls me so far out of my comfort zone. I am a ministering secretary. I set up lots of interviews and move in meets. I also run the Relief Society Facebook page. Life is busy. 

Our house is filled with chaos, toys, art, plants, music, laughter and love. I wouldn't change it one bit. It is hard and crazy and great. So while I share the highlights, know that I am human just trying my best. I am constantly learning more and trying to do and be better. 

So here we are, at the conclusion of this post. Told you it would be short. I am going to strive to post at least once a month, but I also have an Instagram (@meredith.forsberg) and TikTok (@hatchery_homestead). You can also follow me there. I post a lot about recipes, gardening, animals, family and more. 

Till then. 
Later

No comments: